The following was performed with VTK 5.8 and Python 2.7.8 on Debian Wheezy x86_64.
- Get the VTK source-code: http://vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html
- Get the Tim Hutton’s PowerCrust C++ source-code: https://github.com/timhutton/vtkpowercrust
- Unzip both archives
- Copy the C++ files (.cxx & .h) into VTK/Hybrid
- Edit VTK/Hybrib/CMakeLists.txt and add the PowerCrust .cxx file
- cd VTK; mkdir build; cd build; ccmake ..
- Set desired installation directory
- Turn on BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, VTK_USE_RENDERING, VTK_WRAP_PYTHON
- While on ccmake first configured [c] and then generate [g]
- make && make install
- cd Wrapping/Python; python setup.py install
- Assuming all go well export the VTK libraries: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/<installation_path>/lib/vtk-5.8